Tuesday 4 May 2010

TFT Summed Up

I just wrote on an online forum my summation of Their Fated Travels...and why I think it is a worthy read. This is what I wrote -

It's a story about a group of unlucky misfits who keep finding trouble everywhere they go. Writing inspired by our group's tabletop experience with WHFRP. The good points of this are that:


1. You know it is character centric - lots of depth go into making the characters truly be alive in our heads, not just somebody to speak lines. Read it and you'll see what I mean.

2. Things like injury and death aren't dreamed up by the writer. If they happen, they will have happened at the table itself. This means that no one is "safe" and that any situation is dangerous to any character - adding a sense of realism, of danger to the situations that you wouldn't normally find in "fantasy hero fiction".

You can read all 15 chapters of TFT here - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5775192/1/Their_Fated_Travels

No comments:

Post a Comment